Founded in 2011 by a veteran Cargill commodities trader and backed by a highly influential roster of trading and market data executives, PanXchange provides market structure solutions for the physical commodity markets that feed and fuel the world. As these OTC markets have traditionally been bilateral, opaque, and consequently inefficient to operate in, PanXchange’s trading platform and price discovery capabilities bring greater efficiencies to all participants: trade houses, growers/producers, distributors, end-users and investors.
While PanXchange provides the only institutional-grade trading platform that’s patent-protected and in production in multiple markets, it’s the objective data gleaned from that activity that serves as a foundation for objective price discovery. Specifically, PanXchange is the leading benchmark price provider in the US hemp industry and the defacto benchmark price provider in the 120 million ton specialty sand market for US oil and gas.
- Institutional grade trading platform US industrial hemp, frac sand East African agricultural products
- Benchmark pricing suites and fundamental analysis for hemp (monthly), frac sand (weekly) and East Africa grains and pulses (biweekly)
- Consulting services for physical commodities
PanXchange comprises a team of physical commodity specialists. As such, we focus on true fundamental analysis, tailored advice that focuses on profitable outcomes, and deep industry experience in supply chains and deal flows.
- Our supply and demand analysis is presented in terms of acres, tons and pounds of product inventory, not a pie-in-the-sky market valuation based on an obscure and fluctuating dollar value
- Our business planning is not just focused on financial modeling, but years of experience in commodity logistics that address the challenges and opportunities getting product to market
- Our analysis of pitch decks and financial models applies real world experiences launching new ventures and the practical amount of time and funds that should be allocated
Our team has deep experience working for such companies as Cargill, Sempra Energy, StoneX, JBS, and RS Energy Group (acquired by Enverus). We have raised millions of dollars for new ventures, we have won numerous awards and pitch competitions, and we have traded millions of tons of agricultural products that moved from the grower to the processor and trade house domestically and internationally.
- Venture Strategy and pExpert witness/ testimony on prices and market movements
- Price and Supply/Demand Forecasting- by company, region, product or industry sector, segmented Market Analysis (Raw material – Wholesale – Retail)
- Price risk management, arbitrage opportunities and byproduct strategies
- Logistics & Supply Chain – Analysis and Development
- Import/Export viability
- Commercial Product Specifications for industrial sectors
- Competitive landscape
- Financial modeling- costs, sales projections, build/buy/lease and break even analysis
- Pitch decks and business plans- preparation and review
- ESG Sustainability and strategy optimization
PanXchange White Papers
We will offer a deep dive into hemp’s barriers to compete with the traditional agri- mix, from nutrition to input costs of corn and soy, supplement versus protein factors. Published in late July with three subsequent quarterly updates.
Member Board of Directors, Commodity Markets Council
Lead Developer, Lockheed Martin
CEO, COFCO International
Senior Vice President, President of Global Oilseeds and Chief Risk Officer, Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
Managing Director and Global Head of (Principal Strategic Investment), Goldman Sachs.
Exec Vice President, Business Development, Chicago Board of Trade.
Senior Vice President, Cargill Investor Services.
Head of Petroleum Trading, Cargill
Head of International Sugar and International Grains, Cargill
Managing Director and Co-Head Listed Derivatives, Morgan Stanley where he was integral to the launch of London Stock Exchange’s CurveGlobal
Hemp is used for a wide variety of products, including by companies in the fast-growing CBD Oil market. Cultivation and trading of hemp had operated in a legal gray area, but this is changing with the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill. In January 2019 PanXchange launched a suite of nation-wide hemp indices that have quickly become the industry’s standard reference.
Analysts closely monitor quantities and prices of frac sand – which make up 25% of the total cost of extracting oil and gas in the U.S. – to gain insights into the important shale industry and the overall economy. PanXchange’s eight frac sand indices have become the industry standard since being introduced in early 2018.
East African Commodities
East African agricultural markets suffer extreme inefficiencies due to opacity, fragmentation, and lack of infrastructure. With an East African trading platform launched in 2015, PanXchange addresses these issues, serving as the vehicle that connects small farming companies to the commercial market for trading over 40 commodities.
Join The Team