Commodity Merchandiser - Junior - Hemp (Denver)
PanXchange is an award-winning OTC physical commodity trading platform that facilitates the transfer of natural resources that feed and fuel the world. Designed by a veteran Cargill trader, the software platform allows buyers and sellers to negotiate specific details of a trade, including the location and timing of delivery and the commodity’s exact quantity and quality. Based in Denver, the company has been live in East Africa for five years, offering the negotiation and trade of 30+ different agricultural commodities. In 2018, PanXchange launched the first-ever platform for the 125 million-ton proppant market (frac sand) in the U.S. and is now the de facto benchmark price provider. In January 2019, PanXchange launched the first suite of US industrial hemp benchmarks. We are now the leading benchmark price provider and offer the industry’s only institutional-grade trading platform for physical deal flow.
PanXchange is in the business of disrupting the status quo of physical commodities. We’re a fast-growing company with an exciting work environment and a team of dynamic independent thinkers who work hard and play hard. You will not have a micromanager, so self-starters who take the initiative to get things done are the best fit. What’s most exciting is that in a company of this size, you have an enormous opportunity to drive your career down the path that you find most exciting— managing teams, exploring new markets, geographies, etc.
The junior position would generate new business opportunities in the US industrial hemp market across the physical supply chain for cannabinoid, fiber, and grain sectors. This position includes building customer relationships for our pricing network and physical deal flow on the platform and market analysis and written contributions to our monthly benchmark and analysis reports. Eventually, the junior positions will contribute to the company’s overall sales and marketing efforts with webinars, podcasts, media interviews, and other marketing campaigns. As soon as business as usual resumes, we will also require customer visits and conference representation.
- One to three years in physical agricultural trading, logistics, or software sales, though recent college graduates with internship experience will also be considered
- In-depth understanding of supply and demand fundamentals and effects
on physical commodity flows
- Working knowledge of physical commodity markets and processing, in
addition to a strong network of contacts within
- Ability to call on new and existing customers
- Ability to present PanXchange core concepts to C-level executives
- Willing to travel up to 40%
- Must be a US Citizen with a valid passport or someone with a valid work
visa for the US
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be willing to participate in PanXchange and industry webinars and contribute to the monthly newsletters.
- Experience booking multiple modes of transport
- Prior experience trading in financial or commodity markets
Compensation commensurate with experience. This position is a Denver, CO based position. Please attach your resume and a cover letter as to why you would be a good fit for the position. Please title your email with your full name and the position you are applying for (Ex: “John Smith – Business Development Representative”) to the email address: email@example.com.