Commodity Merchandiser - Junior - Hemp (Denver)
PanXchange specializes in creating ESG focused physical commodity trading markets and benchmark pricing for better risk management. We are the leading benchmark price provider in the US hemp industry and the only institutional-grade trading platform for physical transactions. We are expanding our business to include a marketplace for agricultural carbon removals and other ESG-friendly commodities.
PanXchange is a fast-growing company with an exciting work environment. We have a team of dynamic independent thinkers who work hard and play hard. You will not have a micromanager, so self-starters who take the initiative to get things done are the best fit. What’s most exciting is that this high-growth role in a company of this size gives you an enormous opportunity to drive your career down the path that you find most exciting.
The junior position would generate new business opportunities in carbon credits and industrial hemp as well as other emerging climate-smart commodities. This position includes building customer relationships, physical deal flow, and market data and analysis as well as creating content for periodical newsletters and blog posts. Eventually, the junior positions will contribute to the company’s overall sales and marketing efforts through webinars, speaking engagement, podcasts, media interviews, and other marketing campaigns. As soon as business as usual resumes, we will also require customer visits and conference representation.
- One to three years in physical agricultural trading, logistics, or software sales, though recent college graduates with internship experience will also be considered.
- In-depth understanding of supply and demand fundamentals and effects on physical commodity flows
- Working knowledge of physical commodity markets and processing, in addition to a strong network of contacts within
- Ability to call on new and existing customers
- Ability to present PanXchange core concepts to C-level executives
- Willing to travel up to 40%
- Must be a US Citizen with a valid passport or someone with a valid work visa for the US
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be willing to participate in PanXchange and industry webinars and contribute to the monthly newsletters.
- Experience booking multiple modes of transport (trucking/rail/barge/vessels)
- Prior experience trading in financial or commodity markets
Compensation commensurate with experience. This position is a Denver, CO based position.
We encourage interested candidates to please view the job description on our website, attach your resume and a cover letter as to why you would be a good fit for the position. Please title your email with your full name and the position you are applying for (Ex: “John Smith – Business Development Representative”) to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.