Vice President of Operations & Data (Denver)
PanXchange is an award-winning OTC physical commodity trading platform that facilitates the transfer of natural resources that feed and fuel the world. Designed by a veteran Cargill trader, the software platform allows buyers and sellers to negotiate specific details of a trade, including the location and timing of delivery and the exact quantity and quality of the commodity. Based in Denver, the company has been live in East Africa for five years, offering the negotiation and trade of 30+ different agricultural commodities. In 2018, PanXchange launched the first-ever platform for the 125 million-ton proppant market (frac sand) in the U.S. and is now the de facto benchmark price provider. Last year, PanXchange launched in the US industrial hemp market and is now the leading benchmark price provider. It also offers the industry’s only institutional-grade trading platform for physical deal flow.
PanXchange is a fast-growing company with an exciting work environment. We have a team of dynamic independent thinkers who work hard and play hard. You will not have a micromanager, so self-starters who take initiative to get things done are the best fit. What’s most exciting is that in a company of this size, you have an enormous opportunity to drive your career down the path that you find most exciting— managing teams, exploring new markets, geographies, etc.
PanXchange is looking for a high-energy, over-achieving VP of Operations. The VP will work closely with the CEO on strategy, special projects, and performance management. S/he will also assist the business development team and the tech team with other aspects that lay the foundation for rapid, international commercialization. The individual will be responsible for implementing procedures that take this company from an “all hands on deck” approach of a startup to the proper division of labor and procedures such as building a data sales division, assigning manpower and responsibilities to both administrative and operational matters. The VP of Operations will also help establish OKRs for each division and methods to track the same.
- Provide operations guidance for the company working with the executive team and field-level management teams. With the CEO, develop business strategy and direction. Works closely with Senior Executive Team to implement corporate strategic initiatives.
- Provide effective leadership in the management organization of operations by initiating, directing, and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies. Provide overall direction and guidance to the operational activities of the organization as well as day-to-day leadership and management to all company operations functions. Develop and create strategies and policies aligned with organizational goals.
- Working with the Executive Team, drive the strategic planning and implementation of our data division. Work closely with sales to identify, develop, and sell customer solutions. Present and sell service to current and potential customers to meet revenue growth goals.
- Develop and ensure accurate financial and customer service measurements are maximizing business opportunities.
- Implement programs to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit. Implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
- Implement productivity/quality metrics and incentive programs designed to minimize costs and enhance efficiency.
- Develop budgets, cost controls, and obtain data regarding both internal and external business metrics.
- Perform financial analysis of the operational expenses.
- Performs budget planning and ensure adherence to annual goals.
- Review and oversee the implementation of organizational directives that support the Corporate Strategic Plan
- 5 years of experience in Commodity trading business, related data products and/or a young institutional software sales role
- Demonstrated performance in exceeding Corporate outlined financial goals
- Long term experience with OKR reporting development and possess a continuous improvement mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes with internal and external customers in a third party environment
- Proven results in developing strong relationships with C level clientele
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills
- Proven ability to drive change with internal and external customers
- Strong history of financial and customer service success
- Record of successfully introducing and implementing strategic initiatives in a logistics/supply chain environment preferred
- Budgeting and forecasting experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to travel 20% – 30% in support of the position
The position is based in downtown Denver, Colorado. To apply for the position, please attach your resume and a cover letter as to why you would be a good fit for the position. Please title your email with your full name and the position title for which you are applying.
Example: “John Smith – Vice President of Operations & Data”.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org