MARKET DIRECTOR – Frac Sand (Denver)
PanXchange is an award-winning OTC physical commodity trading platform that facilitates the transfer of natural resources that feed and fuel the world. Designed by a veteran Cargill trader, the software platform allows buyers and sellers to negotiate specific details of a trade, including the location and timing of delivery and the exact quantity and quality of the commodity. Based in Denver, the company has been live in East Africa for four years, offering the negotiation and trade of 30+ different agricultural commodities. In 2017, PanXchange launched the first-ever platform for the 125 million-ton proppant market (frac sand) in the U.S. and began issuing the industry’s first official price assessment (benchmark). This year, PanXchange launched industrial hemp indices, becoming the first company to offer such pricing data to the market. It delivers spot market prices to members monthly, and plans to launch trading capabilities later in 2019.
PanXchange is a fast growing company with an exciting work environment. We have a team of dynamic independent thinkers who work hard and play hard. You will not have a micromanager, so self-starters who take initiative to get things done are the best fit. What’s most exciting is that in a company of this size, you have enormous opportunity to drive your career down the path that you find most exciting— managing teams, exploring new markets, geographies, etc.
Today, PanXchange is the leading price discovery platform for a suite of frac sand prices and the only online trading platform for this 120 million ton market. We are looking for an energetic and ambitious person who has some experience in the physical deal flow of upstream O&G market to further grow this sector for PanXchange.
- Two to three years in physical energy trading or procurement
- In-depth understanding of supply and demand fundamentals and effects on physical commodity flows
- Working knowledge of oil and gas markets, in addition to a strong network of contacts within the energy sector
- Ability to call on new and existing customers
- Ability to present PanXchange core concepts to C-level executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Must be a US Citizen with valid passport or someone with a valid work visa for the US
- Experience booking multiple modes of transport (trucking/rail/barge/vessels)
- Prior experience trading in financial or commodity markets
Compensation commensurate with experience. The position could be based in Denver, Colorado. For further information, please contact email@example.com. Please include a brief cover letter why you are interested in the company and why you feel you’d be a good fit.