Full Stack / Back End Software Engineer (Denver)
PanXchange is a financial technology company that is changing the way the world trade commodities. From wheat and corn in Africa to world energy markets, our team designs solutions that improve agricultural economies and market efficiencies.
About the Job:
This position will appeal to those who want both the breadth of experience and a marketable career path in commodities, and/or exchange traded financial products such as stocks, bonds, derivatives, and foreign currency.
We are an expanding company in the process of further industrializing our platform and code base for the demands of greater scale and feature change. This is an opportunity to apply what you know and expand your skills in areas you haven’t had the chance yet. The role includes core platform development across all technology tiers (browser, server-side, micro-services, and persistence in RDBMS and Mongo), test suite automation (UI and services), components for the operational model tooling (deployment, monitoring, dashboarding, etc).
We believe in a distributed responsibility model in that the role is supported both in ideas and in effort by the operational and technical directorship of the firm. Autonomy will be given and expanded proportional to experience and demonstrated capabilities. In addition the role includes participating in the translation of business concepts into technical solutions. In short, the ability to listen, understand, and express problems, ideas, and solutions is essential to the way we work.
- 3+ Years as an engineer, working on complex projects requiring use of a variety of technologies
- Strong PHP experience
- MySQL or similar RDBMS
- Running Linux servers
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- NoSql Databases
- Docker, Kubernetes or other containerization techniques
- Instinctively entrepreneurial, ability to recognize and understand business needs
- Continuous Integration
- Operational experience running a commercial grade 24*6.5 web service
- Salary commensurate with market & experience. Equity offered
- Flexibility with working remotely after onboarding period
- Job Type: Contract to hire
For further information, please contact email@example.com. Please include a brief cover letter why you are interested in the company and why you feel you’d be a good fit.