Commodity Market Research & Data Management Intern
PanXchange is an award-winning OTC physical commodity trading platform that facilitates the transfer of natural resources that feed and fuel the world. Designed by a veteran Cargill trader, the software platform allows buyers and sellers to negotiate specific details of a trade, including the location and timing of delivery and the exact quantity and quality of the commodity. Based in Denver, the company has been live in East Africa for five years, offering the negotiation and trade of 30+ different agricultural commodities. In 2018, PanXchange launched the first-ever platform for the 125 million-ton proppant market (frac sand) in the U.S. and is now the de facto benchmark price provider. Last year, PanXchange launched in the US industrial hemp market and is now the leading benchmark price provider. It also offers the industry’s only institutional-grade trading platform for physical deal flow.
PanXchange is a fast-growing company with an exciting work environment. We have a team of dynamic independent thinkers who work hard and play hard. You will not have a micromanager, so self-starters who take initiative to get things done are the best fit. What’s most exciting is that in a company of this size, you have an enormous opportunity to drive your career down the path that you find most exciting— managing teams, exploring new markets, geographies, etc.
PanXchange is looking for an intern with an interest in physical commodity markets, supply chain management, or logistics. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be a self-starter. This position will assist with the management of proprietary and public data, future market research, and building client relationships. Domestic or international travel may be required on occasion.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Detail-oriented with critical thinking skills
- Proficient in a second language (Spanish, Portuguese or Mandarin)
- Build a database for agricultural and energy markets, players, clusters of producer, supplier and trader activity
- Research commodity production and forward projections to use in financial modeling and reporting
- Update competitive landscape information and assist in business plan development
- Develop processes for efficiency in end-to-end client development – from identifying and targeting clients, to standardized reporting of financial progress and integrating feedback.
- Assisting with various projects leading up to launch of new markets
- Content creation for PanXchange’s various data distributions
Please submit a CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in PanXchange to firstname.lastname@example.org.