Commodity Market Research & Data Management Intern
PanXchange, Inc. provides a patented web-based trading platform specializing in regional and international physical commodities. With live markets in East African agricultural products and North American frac sand, and the American industrial hemp industry, the platform is ideally suited for thin and nascent markets wherein market makers can remain anonymous while negotiating multiple contract specifications and manage their counterparts in real-time. It’s discretionary pricing mechanisms and liquidity building features have won the approval of some of the world’s largest commodity trading entities- from sugar and grains to NGLs and fuel oils. Please see the web site for more information about the platform, endorsements, and recent news.
PanXchange is looking for an intern with an interest in physical commodity markets, supply chain management, or logistics. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be a self-starter. This position will assist with the management of proprietary and public data, future market research, and building client relationships. Domestic or international travel may be required on occasion.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Detail oriented with critical thinking skills
- Proficient in a second language (Spanish, Portuguese or Mandarin)
- Build database for agricultural and energy markets, players, clusters of producer, supplier and trader activity
- Research commodity production and forward projections to use in financial modeling and reporting
- Update competitive landscape information and assist in business plan development
- Develop processes for efficiency in end-to-end client development – from identifying and targeting clients, to standardized reporting of financial progress and integrating feedback.
- Assisting with various projects leading up to launch of new markets
- Content creation for PanXchange’s various data distributions
Please submit CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in PanXchange to firstname.lastname@example.org.