Business Development Representative - Entry Level (Downtown Denver)
PanXchange is an award-winning OTC physical commodity trading platform that facilitates the transfer of natural resources that feed and fuel the world. Designed by a veteran Cargill trader, the software platform allows buyers and sellers to negotiate specific details of a trade, including the location and timing of delivery and the exact quantity and quality of the commodity. Based in Denver, the company has been live in East Africa for four years, offering the negotiation and trade of 30+ different agricultural commodities. In 2017, PanXchange launched the first-ever platform for the 125 million-ton proppant market (frac sand) in the U.S. and began issuing the industry’s first and now de-facto price assessment (benchmark). This year, PanXchange launched a suite of industrial hemp indices, becoming the first company to offer such pricing data to the market. In August, it launched its patent-protected trading platform for hemp. PanXchange delivers spot market prices to members monthly, and hosts an ecosystem for procurement managers and traders alike.
PanXchange is a fast-growing company with an exciting work environment. We have a team of dynamic independent thinkers who work hard and play hard. You will not have a micromanager, so self-starters who take initiative to get things done are the best fit. What’s most exciting is that in a company of this size, you have enormous opportunity to drive your career to where you want to take it. This role would be responsible for generating new business opportunities in the US industrial hemp market. Responsibilities would include vetting inbound inquiries, cold calls and email campaigns, and presenting our company to potential clients. This role would also entail performing demonstrations of our proprietary trading platform to prospects.
- Experience in an office setting required (including internships). Direct experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with achieving sales quotas. Must be a self-started who can take initiative to get the job done.
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Ability to call on new and existing customers.
- Ability to perform quality research, analysis and gathering of data points.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong sense of detail.
- Ability to qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Experience in contacting potential clients through cold calls and emails.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
- Must be a US Citizen with valid passport or someone with a valid work visa for the US.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services.
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Customer relationship management – build long-term trusting relationships with clients.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Report to superiors on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results.
- Economics or business majors
- Desire to gain knowledge of physical commodity markets, specifically the industrial hemp market.
- In-depth understanding of supply and demand fundamentals, and their effects on physical commodity flows.
The position is based in downtown Denver, Colorado. To apply for the position, please attach your resume and a cover letter as to why you would be a good fit for the position. Please title your email with your full name and the position that you are applying for. Ex: “John Smith – Business Development Representative”.
Email address: email@example.com