Business Development Representative - Entry Level (Downtown Denver)
PanXchange is an award-winning OTC physical commodity trading platform that facilitates the transfer of natural resources that feed and fuel the world. Designed by a veteran Cargill trader, the software platform allows buyers and sellers to negotiate specific details of a trade, including the location and timing of delivery and the exact quantity and quality of the commodity. Based in Denver, the company has been live in East Africa for five years, offering the negotiation and trade of 30+ different agricultural commodities. In 2018, PanXchange launched the first-ever platform for the 125 million-ton proppant market (frac sand) in the U.S. and is now the de facto benchmark price provider. Last year, PanXchange launched in the US industrial hemp market and is now the leading benchmark price provider. It also offers the industry’s only institutional-grade trading platform for physical deal flow.
PanXchange is a fast-growing company with an exciting work environment. We have a team of dynamic independent thinkers who work hard and play hard. You will not have a micromanager, so self-starters who take initiative to get things done are the best fit. What’s most exciting is that in a company of this size, you have an enormous opportunity to drive your career down the path that you find most exciting— managing teams, exploring new markets, geographies, etc.
This role would be responsible for generating new business opportunities in the US industrial hemp market. Responsibilities would include vetting inbound inquiries, cold calls, and email campaigns, and presenting our company to potential clients. This role would also entail performing demonstrations of our proprietary trading platform to prospects.
- Experience in an office setting required (including internships). Direct experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with achieving sales quotas. Must be a self-starter who can take initiative to get the job done.
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Ability to call on new and existing customers.
- Ability to perform quality research, analysis, and gathering of data points.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong sense of detail.
- Ability to qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Experience in contacting potential clients through cold calls and emails.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
- Must be a US Citizen with a valid passport or someone with a valid work visa for the US.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services.
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Customer relationship management – build long-term trusting relationships with clients.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Report to superiors on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results.
- Economics or business majors
- Desire to gain knowledge of physical commodity markets, specifically the industrial hemp market.
- In-depth understanding of supply and demand fundamentals, and their effects on physical commodity flows.
The position is based in downtown Denver, Colorado. To apply for the position, please attach your resume and a cover letter as to why you would be a good fit for the position. Please title your email with your full name and the position that you are applying for. Ex: “John Smith – Business Development Representative”.
Email address: email@example.com